Saturday, December 20, 2008

Today's Mood: Phew... Made it

Drove up to Castlegar B.C. to visit the cousins for Chistmas and skiiing of course. Last year I snoboarded for the first time. Took an afternoon lesson and then hit the slopes with my teenagers. Ew-wee...My abdominals hurt for months! This year I think I'll stick to the skis.

Like many immigrants to Oregon I have a high regard for for my winter driving skills. I would have to say that this trip to Canada drew on all my experience. We left on Friday to avoid the storm coming in, But the previous storm was still hanging around. We chained up in Cascade Locks and chained off in The Dalles. Snowed all the way to Tri-Cities, where we got a hotel room for the night. Today was beautiful, blue skys all the way to the border. More snow coming so I think we are going to be here for a while.

1 comment: